We’ve been working on storing extra food for years now. Lately, we’ve been gathering extra non-food supplies so we can be self-sufficient and maybe even help others. Be ready for future disasters or emergencies. Prepare TODAY!
The lock downs and empty grocery shelves of 2020 made us really appreciate all of the things we had stored. I didn’t have to worry about what we were going to eat, or what to do if the grocery didn’t have a specific item in stock. I didn’t even have to worry about running out of toilet paper!
Why start this blog?
- I have lots of friends who are constantly asking me what to store, how to store it, and for advice. I thought others might be interested, too.
- My church has asked me to be a resource and to provide information and training on Emergency Preparedness, Food Storage, and related topics.
- Since others who aren’t members of my congregation could also benefit, I decided to store my collected knowledge here.
I had been primarily posting my information in a couple of private Facebook groups, but I realized that people who weren’t members of those groups couldn’t see the information I was sharing. I created a Facebook page and this website to encourage people to prepare today.
So, what can you expect from us?
- Regular posts revolving around a Monthly Theme. You can find the list of themes here.
- Regular posts about Food Storage, Non-Food Storage, and how to use it so it doesn’t go bad in the corner of your basement and become a science experiment.
- Opportunities to learn new skills, take classes (some in person; some virtual).
I’m looking forward to building a community of like-minded people whether you live near us in central Utah, or across the country.